Designed to prepare new technicians for ASE G1 Certification and written to current ASE Education Foundation (NATEF) requirements, Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair, Second Edition is a comprehensive resource that covers the foundational theory and skills necessary to prepare entry-level technicians to maintain and repair today’s light duty vehicles.
With a targeted approach that prioritizes explanation and application, the Second Edition offers coverage of every maintenance and light repair (MLR) task–including additional emphasis on electrical systems, brakes, steering/suspension, and engine performance–in a clear and concise manner.
* Prepares new technicians for Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (ASE G1) Certification
* Current compliance with ASE tasks, including coverage of safety around high-voltage, high-pressure, and high-temperature systems, stop-start issues, and the new GHS hazardous materials guidelines
* Employability skills, based on ASE requirements, that prepare students for job success and retention right out of the classroom
* Practical application and breakdown of electrical concepts related to meter usage and circuit testing and diagnosis
* Large addition of new and updated photos and illustrations
* Expanded GDI theory and operation
* Student-friendly reading level appropriate for today’s high school classroom
Chapters in the Second Edition have been broken down into theory and procedure. This format ensures that material can be tailored to each learning environment, leading to a more user-friendly text. Learning objectives are clearly stated within each chapter, and review questions are provided at the end of each chapter to reinforce student comprehension.
The Second Edition introduces strategy-based diagnostics, a method used to diagnose vehicle faults correctly on the first attempt. Critical knowledge of the underlying theories is explained in an easy-to-grasp format so students can understand and develop problem solving skills for all situations.
DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
This text is fully aligned with CDX Online Access for Fundamentals of Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair, Second Edition online training program. With an easy-to-use interface and seamless integration with this resource, the online system reinforces and extends the automotive concepts from two-dimensional paper to interactive e-learning.
Online resources include:
* More than 1,000 videos
* 200+ interactive animations
* Sophisticated reporting on student progress
* Improved tasksheet management
* Mobile-ready course materials
* Audiobook and eBook versions of this text
Learn more at www.cdxlearning.com.